Monday, February 23, 2015

Simple?

Simple? Well, yes! Mostly

Read on if you're the curious sort.

First, there were diaries, journals that I wrote in hourly when in my teens. That is, when I was a teenager with up then down emotions, insecurities, fears, restrictions. Mainly, the writing was a pressure release valve so I could vent without doing harm to anyone or me. I also wrote poetry, duh, I was a teenage girl! I wrote poetry that was published in my hometown newspaper. Poetry about the guys I liked or who liked me. I wrote poetry about my angst, my grandfather, my dog, about riding a horse, really, anything that moved me.

I put them all in notebooks which date back to when I was 9 years old.

Enlisting in the United States Air Force right after high school, many things changed, writing poetry continued. Military duties didn't allow much time for writing in a journal what with work, going out dancing every night, going to the beach every day. I'm smiling.

Poetry writing is a release of a sort. Yep, good ol' pressure release valve. I still have every poem I ever wrote in my collection of 4 notebooks.

Then, MySpace came along, so did several other social media sites. Then, Facebook. They were okay. The internet is filled with Facebook profile pages of people and millions of their "friends". It all seemed so fake to me. Even worse was how mean people could be to each other whether they knew each other or not. Usually, they didn't know the person they were so unkind to. Easy to be 10 feet tall online. I was the victim of some of the unkind posting, it became very stale. I deleted my first FB page to start another. I vowed to only add people as "friends"who truly were my friends in real life or irl. It was tough. People from all over the world wanted me to add them. Quite often, the profiles were of fakes, scammers, looking for a lonely woman to possibly extort attention, eventually maybe even money if she were taking the bait well. Yupp. LOL. Catfish.

Having been publicly embarrassed a couple times on Facebook, with no help to get the embarrassing post deleted by Facebook Admin, I deactivated that page, too. So, blogging it is!
Here I am, my first blog post. We'll see how it goes. So, welcome, thank you for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...