Friday, October 30, 2020

Hearing it....again

Being too full of my own piss & vinegar is sooo far from how I roll. It's best to be humble, kind, compassionate. Seeking first to understand, then, to be understood. Choosing to be kind if I have the choice to be anything. 

Sometimes there is only one choice.

Last night, after going to a "happy place" I sometimes go to, I went to another "happy place". Shhhh.

I was sitting at my table, minding my own whatever. I caught the eye of a whoever, lol. 

Now, peeps, I dress, mostly to under impress. 
Just a gray T-shirt, yoga pants, ratty gym shoes. Living in the social climate of a small town, I can get away with it. Before I moved to a small town in Texas, I wore lady-suits, designer jeans, soft, flowy dresses. 
Now?
It's very very very laid back.

I was sitting by myself, I roll alone, mostly.

Mr. Whoever walked over to my table, didn't even ask, just sat himself down, with a smile. Confident SOB! LOL!
It was a public place, I had a charged taser in my purse.
We began to converse. He was not drinking, was a bit charming. Probably 20 - 30 years younger than me. Younger men approach me the most, it's become the usual for me, no longer shocks me.

We began to converse, he was actually quite charming, well spoken. Well mannered. He was a non tobacco user which is a plus. I had my doubts as to whether he was truly single as he claimed. The server came over, sat his steak down in front of him, I was just having guac & chips. he excused himself to wash his hands before eating. The server, a cutie pie 20s chikkie, removed all doubt as to whether Mr Whoever was truly single as he claimed. Kewel. 
In truth, it doesn't matter to me. 
A few years ago, it might have. Less so in present day, tyvm.

One of the "last straw" guys nearly got me killed. It was time to stop.
While I was still alive, yeah, if I'm going to die, I don't want to get beaten to death by a jealous ex & her girl gang on a dark night in Colorado. I gave up, mostly, after that. It got way too ugly.

After he returned to the table, the conversation was pleasant. He was unconvinced that I, myself, was truly single, having no man in my life. Then, he said the words that I have heard in so many derivatives, so many times, it has nearly become cliche' in present day.

"How can you be single?"
"You're too pretty to be single!"
"You're too young & too pretty to be single!"
On & on.
I know that I am "youthful", feel like I am around 25!

Poor dude.
My days of wanting a man in my live are over. The males out there who are liars, cheaters, players, have cured me. Being single & celibate for the rest of my life is better. 

It would take a helluva lot to convince me to think otherwise.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...