Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Options





Apologies for the tease in my immediate prior entry.

Sorry, um, not sorry. 😎

Teasing & mischief can be fun.

As one who loves to culinate (my own made up slang-ish), I used to cook to please others. This means that most of the time there was less nutrient, more flavor. I didn't know what I didn't know.

Changing the type of food, quality, portions as well as the time of day one eats can yield surprising health benefits to the body.




Now?

Predominant nutrient, good flavor. Healthy food can be delicious! Spicy foods have always torn my tummy up since I was a small child. Now? 
I'm a big baby, lol.

The only store bought salsa I can handle is Pace, mild salsa, so I cook with it when I am cooking with salsa.

Here is a quick & easy as well as HEALTHY dish I love.

2 large eggs
1/8 cup salsa

Cook & scramble the eggs, when mostly cooked, add salsa.

Often, I will add a few tablespoons of tuna or a chopped salmon fillet for extra protein. I LOVE avocados. Often I will pit, de shell & slice a 'cado to eat with this. 
I have been eating 1 small avocado every day for the last 15 yrs.

Another go to, I use.

2 eggs
1 small Roma tomato, sliced thin
1/4 Red Onion, sliced thin
A dash or so of salt
Butter (real butter)

Heat the pan to melt the butter. Add the tomato & onion. Simmer whilst moving the onion & 'mato around until the onion is tender.
Add the eggs. Scramble along with 'mato & onion. Cook until the egg is fully cooked. Unless you're a body builder, then, just crack the raw eggs into your mouth, eat the onion & 'mato.

Often, I will have a salmon filet or a 'cado with it. 

Sometimes I will cut a chicken breast into small pieces, simmer it in water, drain it well, then, add 1/2 cup of salsa. You can have this with 1/2 cup of brown rice or even a 1/2 cup of shredded veggies such as lettuce, bell pepper, spaghetti squash or hey! All 3? 

Here is a third option for travel or at home.

When I travel by air, still, I try to eat healthy. Taking food with me in my hand carried items. Apples & boiled eggs will go through security every time. It's funny, because a weed pipe can be made out of an apple. Am not sure about the boiled eggs, ha ha! Google it.

Whilst traveling by air, I pack apples, mayonnaise packets, 5 oz cans of tuna. 1 apple, 1 can of tuna, 2 mayo packets per day that I will be in a hotel. A small kitchen knife to chop the apple. A can opener, sometimes my P-38, a spoon & a small bowl. The reasoning is that if I get to the hotel it may be late at night or I may be too fatigued to seek out food. Room service is okay, yet, my alternative is just enough food, most likely healthier. I combine the drained tuna, the chopped apple & 2 mayo packets to make a delicious tuna salad, no bread. I try to avoid bread if I can.

Sometimes, I add celery or onion or dried cherries (or cranberries) if I am at home. It does a body good!

When a person is trying to improve their health, having healthy, quick options can make a difference. Many people might have had only fast food, processed food or food that fostered unhealthy habits as a child. 

It IS possible to change those food choice habits as an adult.

You CAN choose.  😁




No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...