Sunday, September 8, 2019

Becoming More Deaf With Time


The cookies are in the cupboard
The chips & candy are in there too
They call out to me constantly
I reply, "I will no longer hear you."

Ice cream is in the freezer calling out my name
Key Lime pie with it's friend coconut cream
Calls to me though my constant replies are
If you think I want you you're living a dream

The salty sugary creamy that used to taste so good
Has lost their strong appeal to my taste buds now
Since I have chosen to live a more healthy life
To eat less like most people and more like a cow

Spinach and broccoli are what my body craves
The pleasure is no longer worth it to have for a minute
Your health is your wealth what you cook is how you look
Your body will perform according to what you put in it

So, chips, quiet down, chocolate, go to sleep
Health robbing sugar & salt I will no longer keep

With this said I will choose better body fuel
Only healthy foods will cross my thresh hold
I will be deaf to the calls of excess sugar and salt
I'm on the health bandwagon, I'M SOLD!

**************************************************

Every time you eat or drink anything you are either feeding future disease or fighting it. Be a fighter, being a loser is unacceptable.

Peace, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...