Thursday, August 22, 2024

Moonlight & Us




Let's go on a moonlight walk. 
Just us two as we are. 
At our own pace to gaze at stars
To laugh as we talk
Let's reconnect to the natural world
Feel the breeze in our hair
Just to be a boy and a girl
Exploring what might be there
You can call it a date or what you wish
You can call it a meet and greet
With soft grass under our feet
Being silly or funny or even childish
You can be you whoever that is
I'll be me as I move through time
Speaking in such prose that rhyme
Nobody else's business
Seeing you as you truly are
Far better than the world can see
A beautiful human wild and free
Baby you're such a superstar
In my eyes I see such imperfect perfection
In your eyes you see me as a rare confection
All we need to be is who we are
Moonlight is known to do that
Especially when the moon is so full
Changing to purity what once was dull
Making new again what was once old hat
It comes to us but once in a while
Cherishing it while it's here
Rare beings as we don't appear
Rare eye twinkle with a real smile
Can you walk with me 
Without talking or making a sound
Only feel crunching on the ground
If only for a few minutes to just be


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rain

If there's really holes in the floor of heaven   Tears of loved ones are really falling down I wear them all through my blonde hair Like...