Thursday, April 14, 2022

It Takes Me Back

The taste with soft grained texture of guava on my tongue. 

mmmmmmmmmmmm





It takes me back to the first time I tasted it, soon after I arrived in Hawai'i. The 15th SPS was expecting a female Captain to arrive. Because I was wearing civilian clothes, maybe because I had strong self-confidence, flew into the MAC terminal instead of HNL, they assumed I was her. The person who was supposed to be her sponsor, met me at the terminal with a flower lei & a small basket with some island goodies. I was exhausted, hungry, a bit confused. I opened one of the cans of Hawaiian Sun juice, it was a flavor I loved right from the first sip! 
Pass-O-Guava
Passion fruit juice & guava fruit juice.
I love these 2 separate or together.
I was dropped off at VOQ. Visiting Officers Quarters. There were different cans of the other yummy flavors! As I went through the basket, sampling a little of each, it was clear which one was already my flavorite. Aloha nui loa!

A wonderful aspect of modern times is that anything can be bought for a price, even with free shipping. Hello Amazon Prime!
I work very very long days. I'm worth it!
2 cases of Hawaiian Sun juices? Yes, please!
It's been a rough week, rewarding myself by cracking a cold one opened. Cold, lovely, delicious Pass-O-Guava nectar! A compatible combo of passion fruit blended with guava.




 



Although I KNOW I'm far from Hawai'i, there is just something about this flavor that takes me there. I'm catching up on Star Trek: Picard episodes, tonight, geeking out like the sapiosexual that I am. It's cool to be intelligent, it's cool to be a nerd.
New thinking
Entertaining
Really sexy
Dichotomy

If you have ever gone somewhere new, different from anywhere you had ever been. You may have listened to the local music, sampled some of the local cuisine. Enjoyed it so much that you bought some of each to take back home with you when you left.
Yeah
It's like that!
Whenever I have gone back to the islands, I have brought some of it back with me. Lilikoi jelly from the Stadium Swap Meet. Little shortbread cookies from The Honolulu Cookie Company on my last trip. 




The flavors are all, so intense, they are unique, others may be close.
Just far enough off the mark to make my mouth miss the real thing.

Until the next time when I can go back without threats from the mask holes, spoiling my fun.
Order online, it's da real da kine.
Broke da mout
Liddat
Brah

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...