Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Every Once in Awhile





Every now and then I have a fleeting thought
Of someone somewhere sometime somehow
Of doing as I wished in place of how I ought
When I spurned the cautious whispers to my heart
Warning me of dangers that could cause me pain
From the consequence of dear Cupid's dart
Impudence guised as confidence that I knew best
With the aftermath that disturbed my soul
That robbed me of my peaceful rest
As time rolled forward as it's inclined to do
Learning from mistakes is so crucial
Harks to the phrase to thine own self be true
In time a tender heart can be taught an important lesson
To be more discerning in the way of the world
Can be the most comforting blessing
Striding out in a way that can protect & mend
To remain at peace in this good life I'm living 
What is meant to be will find a way in the end








No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...