Thursday, August 12, 2021

Doing The Mending

As cliche' as this sounds, here I go!

Several years ago there was a falling out with someone I dearly loved, someone I STILL dearly love. We had a parting, almost zero knowledge of each other since then. 
We are family. Blood related family. Places reserved in our hearts.
I was unsure what to do, so, I waited. Waited for a text or call or something so that I could clearly see what to do.

Then?

BANG!

Just like that, it happened.

It came to me as a long text, then, a phone conversation. You know, when people actually converse with their voices. I was invited to visit, to meet 2 sweet children I had never seen before. To stay in a beautiful home in Colorado. Reconnecting, taking time, doing fun things, cooking, playing with her children. 
It was so surreal.
Dreams coming true, for me, maybe for her, too.

We both put aside hurts of the past, replacing it with hugs, kisses, sweet words, smiles, jokes, laughter, gift giving. Renewing the ties that bind, smoothing the heart-strings into beautiful melodies.




Any one can hold onto a grudge. Holding onto the slights, the things of the past that hurt you. Protecting your wounded dignity.

It takes someone who is holding onto their pain, real or perceived, to hold a grudge. It sounds easy, it looks easier than forgiveness.
In reality it can cause insomnia, heartburn, layers of emotional pain that is self imposed.

Extending a proverbial olive branch has it's risks, the fear of rejection that many experience is strong.That strong fear can create weakness. In the mind, the body, the spirit.

The alternative?



For the very best outcome, that which is often the hardest to do is also the best course of action.

It was a sweet release to let it go then take in the love that was freely offered to me. 
Mending that which is from the past to keep moving forward.

Sweet release.

If you have a chance to heal hurts of the past, just do it! 
Just like Nike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...