Sunday, July 18, 2021

When I Died




When I died the world kept turning
The grass kept growing just as green
Birds kept singing as they built their nests
Trees kept dancing in the breeze
When I died

When I died I felt my heartbeat slow
Breathing was harder as breath became softer
As an uncontrolled whisper from my nostrils
Icy cold, I neverminded though I hate to be cold

When I died the mail was still delivered to me
Mostly junk some cards though fewer than 5 years ago
The grocers still stocked shelves with goodies to sell
Newspapers were still published with a mix of lies and truth

When I died the cars still passed by my house where I lay
People hurrying to work or getting errands done before supper
Children caught colds as their little pink noses & rosy cheeks showed
People continued with bringing their own sweet babies into the world

When I died the sweet release of earth cares was a happy one
Tinges of sadness for the few that would mourn my passing
Lasting only seconds replaced by new understanding of it all
Then I was everywhere with everyone and everything at once

When I died I no longer felt concern over wars or hunger
Those cares were left behind to go on to a renewal of life
Different life with deeper understanding of content of souls
As beautiful as I had hoped it would be plus so much more

When I died


Turn your cell phones OFF, put it in a place out of your sight. 
Talk to each other.
Whatever it is that is so important to you that you feel a need to look it up immediatly, can wait. The person who is there, with you, right now, is more precious than frivolous trivia.

Sincerely,

Those who love you, those who care about you.

********************************************************
Just to clarify, I was told of a personal friend who died by suicide. In the handwritten suicide note, my friend expressed how hard life was for them. That it had become too hard to connect with other people who care more about getting their "highs" from phones & technology. Caring less all the time for the person who is right there, with them, in person. More love for their phones, less love for other people.
It made me think, caused me to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...