Sunday, July 11, 2021

Do you cry?

 



It's nearly ingrained in many cultures of the world. It's expressed in attitudes, in music.

Big Girls Don't Cry (Re-released by Fergie 2007)
It's My Party
Cry (Faith Hill)
Angels Cry (Mariah Carey with Neyo)
Cry Me a River (Justin Timberlake)

Just to name a few. They seem to put a negative spin on one of the healthiest things a person can do when dealing with grief or stress.




The last time I cried was a doosie! May 7. It had been a long time before that. I'm fine with crying, myself or when anyone else cries. Even when men cry, yep, it's perfectly fine for guys to cry. Life has been pretty good for me, so it had been a long time since I cried sad tears. Happy tears, yes, sad tears, no. 

Shedding tears, to me, is like paper or grass. It just IS. 

So, why is it that there is so much negative connotation around crying? I'm sorry that the stigma attached to male people shedding tears, exists, guys, it's healthy for you to cry, too. It makes you more of a guy, a healthy, human, feeling guy. 




I have lent a shoulder to cry on, to many guy friends. It's somehow, more saddening, more heartbreaking to me, when a guy cries. Still,
I'm glad to be there for a friend when true sympathy is needed.
When men cry, as they rarely ever do.
When a man cries over you, I can guarantee he loves you. Men only cry when they lose something or are afraid of losing something or someone they love, even more than they love themselves.

If you need to cry, choose the shoulder very carefully. Being that vulnerable is tough, even tougher for some guys.

When I laugh, I laugh with the world. 
When I cry, I make sure I'm alone.
Betrayal of the vulnerable is rampant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...