Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Secret or Private?

A new-ish playground to create or sponsor narcissism or narcissistic traits has been going strong for many years, now. People that would have remained relatively unknown or simply lesser known have become celebrities or "influencers." There are also the up & emerging as well as the wannabe's. With such a broad canvas on which to self promote, people who wish to reach out to touch the world can do so!




After taking photos of:
Their face
Their body
Their eyes
Their food
Their legs
Their artwork
Their pet(s)
Their children
Their flowers
Their clothes
Their jewelry


Did I leave anything out? 

The person will zoom or crop or enhance or edit out whatever it is that they might feel would make the photo less appealing. Then, the perfect photos will be shared online either with everyone online or sometimes certain people or groups.

This is fine, for many people. It's a new normal. Show it all, tell it all, hear it all, eat it up, blow it up. Look out for the trolls.




For people who enjoy sharing their lives with the world, they are free to do so! 
As for other people like me? I'm a more private person. When I make comments on a story, video or what have you? People will ask me to post pictures.
UGH!
As if my words or pictures matter to someone who I don't know. Some random person online who doesn't know me nor ever will.
Someone who either doubts the words or even enjoys the challenge of  getting a stranger to give them a 2 second thrill. They nearly demand photos from, again, someone they don't know at all

If I say my eyes are a light translucent green, they are.
If I say that I have lived in Europe & vacationed in Hawai'i, I have.
If I say that my hair has started growing faster because of a technique I started using, it has.

This list could become cah-razy long, I have zero proof of that, ha ha, it just could.

The need to provide proof to anyone & everyone of whatever I say, online, will exist as an unmet need! 
First, because I'm a lousy photographer, second because I hate taking photos of anything. Even photos of myself. That's my least favorite, though I do it or let others take my photo when they insist.
I REALLY hate having my photo taken very often. 1 or 2 is okay.

Part of the reason is that I have had 4 stalkers. 
When someone snaps a photo of me the control over where that photo will go or who will see it it's out of mine or anyone elses control. It's a fear, rational or not that a prior stalker or even a potential stalker will perchance see a photo of me online.
Then?
Possibly they will track me down, whatever the intent is, the potential for stalker #5 is there.
That's my fear, a legit fear as it has happened 4 times, before.

Another aspect?

While some people need or want that much attention, that's fine, if that's what they want.
Getting positive attention feels good. It gets the serotonin firing from neuron to neuron. It gives a warm, happy fuzzy to them.
They are welcome to it if it makes them happy.

Personally?
I need much less attention. The thrills that give me a boost are accomplishing translation of a 500 page document. The thrills that get the serotonin firing is working out or creating beautiful art with my hands.
I have a good life with all of my needs more than provided for. My need is far greater for privacy than it is for attention.

Just an average, single by choice, girl next door. Average in looks. Above average in compassion, intelligence, creativity, high energy & mostly positive in attitude. Most days. I have my highs with occasional lows.

If someone is hoping to catch thrills by demanding photo proof?
They can search for those seekers of attention. I'm long past a need for approval from John Q Public or Jane Q Public.

If anyone wishes to bring up who I was in the past? They will still be clutching air, I live in the present, now.

Ring your bell, find some wood, build a bridge then just get the bell over it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...