Monday, September 21, 2020

I can see clearly now


It's been a journey, my friends. I am happy to say, I'm climbing up out of the proverbial rabbit hole. No help from anyone. By myself. Having gotten myself into this mess, I had to get myself out of it. I let too many things go neglected. The weight of it all was too much, it only became heavier with time.




Have you ever been so preoccupied by a series of events or perhaps one cataclysmic event or two, or even three? So preoccupied, struggling to cope, then, becoming weary from the struggle.
This behemoth of a frame of mind feels like an insurmountable wall that buries one alive inside ones mind. It places one, struggling to feel normal. Whatever "normal" is. 
A person can feel themselves sinking deeper, deeper, deeper. The sinking keeps going until one day it starts to manifest itself to the outside world.
Financial gain is made from the misery of this struggle.
You know that you have seen this. Don't you?
Reality bites such as ~
Hoarders
The Biggest Loser
Social Media
A person may be struggling to cope. Said person begins finding comfort in food. Then, bravely exposing their pain to the world as millions of onlookers watch them lose the weight that they piled on.
Someone who is feeling like they are losing their grip on life might comfort themselves with "stuff". Buying or collecting stuff, stuff, then, still more stuff. Offline, online, dumpsters, second hand shops. People who are well wishers will gift someone who they know is struggling, giving them stuff. The sufferer happily accepts.
Sometimes the sufferer barricades themselves in under layers of fat, sometimes barricading themselves in their home, surrounded by stuff. Self care might cease. It's too hard to move a mountain of stuff to get inside the bathroom. The rabbit hole becomes so deep that intervention is all that can save the sufferer from themselves.
Query: What if intervention never happens?
Hoarders
The Biggest Loser
Social Media
What does Social Media have to do with this?
Social Media is the perfect veneer to provide camouflage. On Social Media a person can show the world a smiling happy face, doing fun shizz. They are traveling, going to cool places, looking so happy.
The person might even be staying at home, needing to clear the clutter, the filth off of a surface. Sometimes a counter or a table, to show to the world the cool thingamajig they just made. 
*Caveat*
Some people might not be suffering to such an extreme. Only wanting, genuinely, to share. Showing off baking skills, crafting skills or even that uber perfect paper clip they just found. 😉 Their child may have fallen asleep with saliva dripping from their sweet little angelic mouth Awwww!
It's easy to be so much cooler online.
About me? I'm a fixer chik! I have a deep capacity to love, to give. When I see suffering ~ I want to fix it! In time I learned when to hold back, when to step in. I hold back more than I used to. There are predators out in the world who L-O-V-E people like me. The ones who accept over & over with no desire to reciprocate. Their little pail of water gets filled, they never fall down and break their crown. The giver keeps tumbling after. See what I just did?
Happiness in life requires balance. Although I give to give, graciously receiving once in awhile is nice, too.
It's helpful to suggest a solution after describing a problem.
If you know someone who is suffering as the one described above, sprinkle some milk of human kindness on them. That can work wonders. The declarations of "I will pray for you" is lip service. Love is a verb, it requires action. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...