Wednesday, January 22, 2020

#Makes me cry every time


This blog entry is dedicated to a great friend who I dearly love. You know who you are.
I told you I would write it. I dedicate this blog entry to you as well 
as to all of the truly great fathers everywhere, past & present.


                                              ❤

Recently, a friend who I have known for a minute, has been in town. Mention of names or other details will be a no fly zone. Though, he is VERY FLY!  🥰

He and I engaged in a very unusual conversation. 

It concerned fathers & their ultimate importance in a childs life. It concerned specifically the importance of HIS father in his life.

The most essential, important, crucial act a father can do is to treat the mother of his children with love, respect. To show his children his faithfulness to his wife, teaching them of her value.

His father recently passed on, which was the reason he was in town for a week. I had never heard from him, such personal details of his feelings for his father, his mother, his reason as to why he has never married.

He has feared that, with his commitment to serving in the military that he couldn't be faithful as his father has been to his mother for the entire duration of their marriage.

Whatever his reasoning is or isn't, it's honorable to me.

He and I spoke at length. When his eyes were welling with tears, he put his shades on. He could disguise his tears with sunglasses indoors in bright light, the catch in his throat gave his emotions some life.
I saw the tears start to trickle down his handsome scruffy face.

This is a platonic friend. No sex, no romance involved. From my POV, anyway.

I reached out to him to hug him which he has never permitted when I reached to him, before with a, "Nah, we're good. I'm good."

I knew he was hurting.

He leaned against me, I felt his shoulders tremble, ever so slightly. Always with self control. Always in control of himself, his passions, his emotions. Strong, silent, self controlled.

We sat there for a moment. I whispered to him:
"It's okay, brother."
"let it go."

He started to pull away, I held a little tighter. He stayed.

Just then, a song started to play on the radio.

**************************************************************

Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross

OMFG! Great timing, there, DJ!

https://youtu.be/wmDxJrggie8






Nearly everyone knew Luther Vandross was Gay. 
Personally?
idgaf if he was gay, straight or from another solar system. He was a musical genius. 
Lots of baby making music. 
Lots of very poignant, emotional music, too. He was brilliant!

*********************************************************************

Spending time with my friend really drove the point home as to how important fathers are to all people. Babies, small children, teens, adults. All people who have had a truly dedicated father who loved, valued & respected himself then his children's' mother, have been better people because of it.

Dance With My Father has always made me cry.

EVERY DAM TIME

It's fortunate that I had visited the ladies tinkle room moments before. If I hadn't, more than my face might have become wet.
js

This time was the same. I sat, with my friend, his forehead on my shoulder as we both shed silent tears. Him, for the loss of his all important father, me, for the great father I never had.

I turned out okay, in spite of having had a crappy father who even excluded me from inheriting anything in his personal will.
I had exactly *ONE* conversation with him, in 18 years, that did not end with a brutal beating with his thick leather belt. This is so very wrong. It was demoralizing, damaging, done in anger.
I may have done greater things if I had a better father. Who knows?

My maternal grandfather was there for me. Yet, there was no complete substitute for having a strong, loving father. When my beloved grandfather passed on, I began thinking of a way to leave my parents home. With my grandfathers passing, there was no reason for me to stay in Michigan.

So much went through my mind, even my heart as I held my friend as he silently cried for the loss of his father. A tiny amount of sadness seethed through my spirit for never having had what so many people had or have. A great joy for the good, wise, caring, loving, faithful, men, who are the fathers of people who are built into those who go out into the world to do great things.
Hopefully, these men go on to be just as good, themselves, as fathers.

The words to this simple song makes me cry.

If you listen to it, it might move you, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...