Thursday, January 9, 2020

Coverture Laws and Such

This is a somewhat serious subject.

Coverture laws were mostly in place in the USA as early as the 1960s. 
Coverture laws were the laws by which a woman as well as any & all of her property, money, inherited or otherwise, became the sole property of any man she married. 
She lost all rights to anything she had worked for or inherited, when she married. 
A mother had no say so over her children & her husband could do anything he wanted to do with their children. 
Quite often fathers did whatever they wanted to do including selling the child or giving the child to someone else or sending their mother away to never see her children ever again. UGH!

It has only been since 1980 that it was illegal for a man to forcibly rape his wife.

Baby! We have progressed. We still have a ways to go. We have come so far. Far enough that, hopefully, we will continue to progress. Hopefully. 

Many males feel a bit threatened by this. I see it expressed online as well as offline. Males mostly ruled the the USA as well as the world up until 60 years ago. Many countries are still predominantly patriarchal.
In some countries, an animal has more worth than a female. In many countries females have so little worth that mothers will murder their infant girl immediately after being born based solely on the baby being female instead of male.

Some infant girls are given more of a chance by putting their child in what is sadly called a Baby Box. Some people have installed these boxes on the outside of their home for unwanted babies to be placed, to be raised or adopted by people who wish to adopt a baby.

Whilst reading comments on social media, I see the angst, the misogynistic words of what appears to be males. Online, anyone can present themselves as anyone or anything they wish to appear to be.

These comments are BRUTAL. The anger, the sadness, the vicious name calling by males who feel so disempowered by females in todays world. Many will pull the feminist card without having much of a reason to do so. Just like pulling the race card has lost its impact, pulling the feminist card is on the same trek to becoming meaningless.

Many males blame everything that has gone wrong in their life on females. If not all, they blame many things on females.

What people, male and female, are doing is to give their power away. When a person accepts responsibility for their problems, failures, misdeeds, even their words, they become a better person.

Doing so is tough, I know. 

Taking personal responsibility also gives a person more confidence, more of a general feeling of wellbeing. Also, as the person feels better about themselves, their life improves with the passage of time. Their relationships with family & friends improve.

Who wants that?

Most likely, everyone.

Oh, peeps! I have tried offering compassion to the angry males both in real life and online. Mostly, it's only met with more anger. Using me, online, as a verbal scape goat for everything every female has ever done to hurt them or anger them.

Although it's tempting, I stopped engaging very much. It's a waste of time. 

When a male pronounces the term "crazy" or "psycho" or "over-emotional" on a female he has had a romantic connection with, he is telling me more about himself than her.

He is saying: 
"I treated her badly, I lied to her, I was such a jerk,  she reacted, I'm a male who won't take responsibility for my wrongful actions."




It's best to avoid a male who reveals this about himself.

What about the emotionally, psychologically healthy males?




The males who will take responsibility for their actions.

I have met a few. Sadly, only a few, yet, they left a lasting impression on me. The impression they left, caused me to make the effort to remember as vividly as possible what it feels like to be in the presence of a truly mature, intelligent, confident man.  

My purpose in remembering this experience so clearly is to help me to be able to filter out the decent men from the ones who are less decent. The ones who would seek to use me or any female for whatever their purpose is. Their evil purposes will harm the ones they use so callously. 
Some females never recover from the harm caused by such flippant cruelty.
Yes, there are males who have had the same thing done by females in their lives. 
As much flak as I risk getting for writing this, males are most often the ones damaging females. 
Females who keep allowing this damage when they have a choice to allow or not allow, often become so bitter & angry with males that they lose the ability to recognize a good, decent man when they meet one.

I stopped dating at all to remain positive toward males. It makes zero sense to despise someone solely based upon gender. When I made this conscious decision, life became sweeter, more peace filled. Seeking after more meaning in life is much more rewarding, gives so much more fulfillment.
This may continue for the rest of my life or maybe things will change. Either way, being happy & fulfilled is important.

Slowly, the balance is happening, between genders. Males mostly don't like it, females sometimes go a bit into overkill, yet, I can see that overkill being tamed with time.

I love the USA, I'm thankful to have been born here to two citizens of the USA. Also, I'm grateful to the people who have worked so hard, some even lost their very lives so that I am free to do as I wish. 
Being someone's property would be horrid especially if I knew that life was so different for females in countries other than my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...