Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A Hero For Today

On Thursday, May 9, I started feeling it. 

The "it" that will yield a 4 - 5 mini vacay from work. From life.
A person can stay in their bed for a week with no questions asked.

Also, sometimes a trip into as close to hell as many will get in this life.

It's the Influenza Virus. Fun - Fun. Not.

As I had to get out of my bed to change my sheets & take a shower to wash the sweat out of my hair & body. Everything was soaked.
Yucky!
Clean bed, clean jammies, clean body. Much better.

I fired up the smart TV when I saw a video about one of my favorite performers.

She was born to a white mother & black father. Her father walked out on both of them when she was only 2 years old. 

She lived in the worst part of New York City at the time.
Hells Kitchen

Many people have it rough as children, this girl had it rougher than most. She had a strong woman as her mother, a mother who loved her, encouraged her, nurtured and taught her. This is something that many mothers even in easier circumstances, fail to do for their child or children.
While some women do succeed, most do not.
Then, there's middle ground.

Ask me if I was a good mother?
I will say, "Yes, I was and am a very good mother. I taught my children as many life skills as I could. Against the odds of an unsupportive husband who pissed all over everything I did, yes, I was and am a very good mother. Against the odds of having a husband who undermined my parenting, yes, I was and am a very good mother.

Firing up the smart TV, I saw a 60 Minutes Australia interview with a strong woman for today.
G'day, mates! (I just had to!)
Alicia Keys




She writes inspirational songs. Not the "bitches & hoes" garbage that so many people are cranking out.
Alicia Keys writes about women, being strong women, which is what every woman has to be in todays world to keep from losing her common sense.
It's more about a decent strength. Praising the good males in her life vs the revolting man haters. She speaks of being strong while still having respect for the divine masculine's in her life.

Beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0H9UkHuVyM

(You might have to copy & paste)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...