Monday, September 23, 2024

Every Day







Every day I exuviate several tears for you
Also a few that are just for me
No one knows of the wounds on my heart
Only skin-deep ones for all to see

You're still here with me with every breath I take
In the thoughts I think at the start of each day
The essence of you is everywhere within me
Your scent your funny isms you liked to say

People can speak of me as crazy or silly or sad
Thinking I don't know how they speak behind my back
Love them then forgive them when they do as they do
No ire toward them for their insensitive attack

Better to still love them as they do me so dirty
Better to keep my own thoughts very pure
Better for good health and self-happiness
Than to stoop to be so insecure

I will love you as I have always loved you
As we did from the very start
Sweet hot passionate respect
The fierceness of loving with a whole heart



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rain

If there's really holes in the floor of heaven   Tears of loved ones are really falling down I wear them all through my blonde hair Like...