Thursday, January 25, 2024

Rhythm & Balance






It's the rhythm of the night
It's the rhythm of the day
It's a comforting one
For me anyway
So natural in my heart
Makes perfect sense in my mind
It seethes its way through my spirit
If you listen to it closely
You might just hear it
Breathy whispers of a breeze
It can sound like a heart beating
So strongly yet so softly
Though it's fleeting
I sit with silken fibers & fine linen
Of such a sweet, beautiful hue
Thinking like meditating
Often thinking of you
The look in your eyes when we first met long ago
Your scent so alluring in its subtle way
Left me longing to know more
Or just what to even say
Then my focus shifts as it must do
Distracted by tears in my eyes
As the dull ache starts
As I begin to realize
Back to the rhythm of the needlework
That helps me to steadily thrive
Past the hot pain of the past
What keeps me alone keeps me alive



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...