Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Go On A Journey With me









 Get comfortable, laying on your floor or bed.
Close your eyes, breathing deep to the count of in 1- 2 - 3 - 4
Hold it, 1 - 2 -3 - 4
Slowly breathe out 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Repeat four times.
Now, you have packed your needed belongings.
In your mind or if possible, whisper.
I am not in my body; my body is in me.
Feel it, repeat the breathing exercise.
You are getting ready.
More breath, exercise your diaphragm.
Say, whispered or in your mind, I am not in this room, this room is in me. 
Imagine you are expanding to contain the room.
Feel it as you expand.
Do more breathing exercises in between.
Say, I am not in this house, this house is in me.
Pause to feel it.
Say, I am not in this town, this town is in me.
Next.
I am not in this state, this state is in me.
You're on your way.
Feel yourself expanding to hold what is in you as you expand.
You're expanding.
Say to yourself, I am not in this country, this country is in me.
Feel yourself expanding to hold all that you have, all that is in you.
Expand.
Say to yourself I am not in this planet; this planet is in me.
Let yourself feel the expansion.
Say, I am not in this solar system, this solar system is in me.
Feel yourself expand to care for, to contain what is in you.
More breaths in & out for 20 breathing cycles.
Let yourself feel it as you return to feeling your body in you.

*************************************************

To do this, breath as well as breath control is very important. The first time I heard of this, it seemed very intriguing along with impossible. I had bought a boxed set of philosophical CDs by Deepak Chopra. Although hearing an East Indian accent is less than appealing to me, Dr Chopra's voice had such pleasant inflections. It was so smoothe like soft butter. Very smoothe while still retaining a masculine quality to it that I love. As a polyglot, a linguist by profession; vocal inflections, vocal quality, cadence of speech, all matter a lot to me.
Several years ago, I had an employer who was smokin' hot to me until I heard him speak. UGH. As attractive as he was, his voice, the inflections when he said certain words turned me off!
I guess that's a good thing.




When I lived in Europe, it was such a rich treat to hear the different people speaking different languages all around me. I had a neighbor just one floor above me in a stairwell apartment building. To anyone else he seemed to be native to Deutschland, he spoke the language. German is one of the languages I speak.
As I was conversing with him, one day, I heard some inflections that were atypical of the German language. Not wanting to offend him or seem like I was getting too personal, I listened intently, trying to figure out what the inflection was. 
He was a very kindly man, a good neighbor, it was best to bide my time instead of risking that courteous relationship. Although I got my mail at the military APO, he received his mail at his apartment occasionally. One day, several envelopes along with a small parcel were mistakenly left at my door. The mail was addressed to my upstairs neighbor. 
I wanted to make sure that going upstairs to his apartment could be viewed as innocent. I took 2 of my children with me. When he came to the door, he seemed surprised. He appeared to be single & living alone as far as I could tell. He asked us to come in. He went to a cupboard, brought out some cookies for my children.
Such a kind man.
He and I spoke German to each other as he thanked me profusely for delivering his mail to him. It was then that I noticed a large flag that was not German, displayed proudly on his living room wall. I told him that his flag looked good on his wall. That's when I he told me that he had been born & lived his childhood in Malta!
BINGO



Having never known or spoken with or even heard someone speaking Maltese, that was the inflection I heard. 
Shortly after that, military housing had an opening, so, I moved there.
I sure missed my kindly neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...