Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Song in My Heart







Beauty of linens & needles of gold 
Giving a daily peaceful lull
Silken threads a pleasure to hold
Marrying them into something beautiful

People may snicker as they misunderstand
Humans by nature can be so cruel
Ageist judgment of we who create by hand
Hand crafting can create such a jewel

When I began a journey to learn
Such a skill which calms all strife
Time to stitch as my fondest yearn
Would become a large part of my life

Give me complex hues such a lovely pattern
A comfy chair with enough light
All in my world will cease to matter
Except a desire to stitch all through the night









No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...