Tuesday, June 6, 2023

In Reverie





As the day was in progress
Sweetness filled me to the top
You were there to impress
My heart did a happy hop

In your presence so hard to think
Tough to do anything
I swear I heard devils laughing
As much as I heard angels sing

You were all I thought about
Filled my dreams every night
With joy with desire with fear
It grew stronger with you in sight

For so long I held it at bay
Until I could hold it no more
In it's sweet searing fire
Every cell of me every pore

So I spent a decade of my life
Writing to make it be known
The spirit of prose inspired me
As a godlike spirit on loan

The release I felt was bittersweet
Every word so painfully true
The small release which flowed out
Eased the deep longing for you

The desire is still with me 
As a companion until my end
Less of a painful longing
More like a comforting friend





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...