Friday, March 4, 2022

Aloha nui loa!

ALOHA!





TALOFA to my Samoan braddahs & sistahs!


I lived in Hawai'i from the time I was born ~ in my heart, at least. I had a fascination with it. This is probably the case with many people. Just as most little girls want a pony for most of their lives. Sorry, to the little ladies. You have a greater chance of moving to or living in Hawai'i than you do, getting your own horse.

I was longing for Hawai'i not some-moa. Island joke, ha ha!

When I lived in Hawai'i as a single girl, I loved the local people. So nice, so sweet. I spent my time off mostly on the North Shore of O'a'hu when the report from the surfing line was good. Sometimes even if it wasn't, just to get out around people.





Today, it's a warm winter day in Texas. It's 78 degrees, the sun is shining. Having been awake going on day 3, I have Hawai'ian jams playing, some teri beef, mac salad. Fresh lilikoi jelly on my toast. Onolicious!
The long playing video with a mix of Hawai'ian tunes from befo' time to more recent, comfort me, make me so happy. It says it's a lullabye for babies. I can be a baby. Shh, no tell.

https://youtu.be/bHz-JxAvSt4

In my mind I can feel like I'm sitting on the lanai. The trade winds are blowing my long blonde hair, tickling the backs of my arms, neck, bare back. 

It would be a long trip to hit the surf, I can still visualize it, remember it from the last time I was there in 2018.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...