Saturday, June 26, 2021

Read It & Reap



During the first part of my life I hated to think about money. Loathed talking about it. Maybe it's because I was a jealous wife. There was one key factor of my jealousy of the man I married's first love. 

The ex huzz loved money.

He loved it  more than he loved anyone or anything. When he was deployed, he would phone me. The very first words he would say would be, 

"Hey, how is the checkbook?"

He seemed to think it was funny. His love for money above myself, above our 4 children was just one of the many factors that killed whatever love I had ever felt for him.
In many cultures, such as British, it's considered vulgar to speak of money in conversation unless it's with a financial professional. 




My beloved grandfather, Sherman L Kendall, had many personality traits, found in British culture. He may have passed these traits onto me. He passed so many benevolent traits onto me, the attitude toward money may have been one of those. I hate to talk about money, still.

Today, this blog entry is about money.
(writing is different from talking, lol)

I'm not even close to filing for Social Security, yet, it does behoove to be informed.

The Social Security act was signed as law in August 1935 by President Franklin D Roosevelt. It was tossed around by congress for the entire month of July 1935. This is a relatively short amount of time as compared to present day.
In 1976 the bare minimum amount paid was $170. monthly. As of 2020 it was $886.
If any statistics I present here are in error, feel free to, after doing your own reasearch, correct this information.

One of my strong suites is to be okay with being wrong, admitting it, then learning from it.

There are so many laws, rules, addendums, minor modifications to addendems, it's a lot to read. Great bed time reading if you wish to be kept awake for a week or if you wish to fall asleep from boredum within 5 minutes or less. Unless you love money so much that it's like crack cocaine to you.
If your income + assets are at or below the poverty line, you may enjoy the reading. 

In the USA the poor are more subject to Capitol Punishment than anyone. Why?
With less capitol you are more likely to get punishment or more severe at the least.
(I made a funny, though, it's not really funny)

In an effort to raise the standard of living, the social security act was signed as law. It was lightly reasoned that if people who tended toward criminal acts had more money, they might be less likely to turn to crime. This caused a slight backfire in that the crime rate did see a minimal decrease. This was merely a blip in that it caused more dependency on money from the government. 
A myriad of problems sprung up around social security payments. To have light there must be darkness, to have crops there must be rainfall. 

For the sake of brevity, I have divided this post into 2 entries.
The really good & $$$$ stuff is in part II.

Stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...