Monday, February 1, 2021

Kintsugi




It's too late to say how much I love you
It's too late to tell you how I truly feel
It's too late to show a heart that's true
It's too late to talk over an evening meal
It's been too much time in this long day
It's been so tiring that my head aches
It's been too long for the words I didn't say
It's been such agony with the toll that it takes
It's been many times watching you drive away
It's the remnants of such a pensive smile
It's one that I wished would return to stay
It's been etched in my thoughts for a long while
It's all of this that weighs heavy on a girls heart
It's the stuff that keeps her awake many nights
It's enough to tear her raw passion apart
It's also what takes her love to such heights
It's best to keep this all safely locked away
It's best to keep all of this safely locked inside
It's going to be bottled up until the right day
It's better to protect my heart than it is to confide





**********************************************************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...