Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Something New!


A regular part of my day is to hit the gym hard for 2 hours. 

Usually?

Up early (define early! hah!) Sometimes early is 4 am sometimes 5, sometimes as late as 9 am, depending on what I had going the night before. 

Usually am in bed no later than 930 pm. No caffeine addiction, here, have never been a coffee drinker, so, it's usually 8 oz of plain cold water or, if I prepped it the night before, lemon water.

Many people who have a regular fitness habit may know the frustration of the "plateau". Sometimes, when trying to reach a certain fitness goal, the body gets used to the usual routine.
A plateau (all work, no progress) is the body saying, "Time to change it up." Upon which, I change it up! As long as my heart rate is above 120 bpm, as long as my T-shirt is getting soaked, it's good! 

2 hours goes by rapidly when I'm enjoying my time, listening to music I enjoy.

Recent change up (September 8, 2015):


3 minute plank on elbows

1 mile on eliptical

3 minute plank on hands

1 mile on eliptical

45 minute strength training class

1 mile or more on eliptical (if given the choice & time permits, I go 3 miles or more at the end) The feeling of getting stronger is the biggest reward of all.

Got fitness?

Getcha some!

Love and luck to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...