Monday, April 8, 2024

Crafty Goddess





This is a random pattern that turned up in a search I did for something unrelated to stitching. I'll take it!
She doesn't have an official name, I call the pattern, "Goddess of Crafting". The pattern turned up over & over until, finally, I was unable to hold back from finding it again - print - stitch!

She's so beautiful, such an easy stitch. I'll probably frame the finished piece & put her in my craft room.
This is how she was started.


The workload had eased somewhat as I prepared for the drive to Ohio & Michigan. There were a few frustrating delays. Fatigue, necessary car repairs, getting the car packed for the trip. When the going is tough, the stitcher gets stitching!



A part of the joy of being 100% single is that I do whatever I want, when I want to for as long as I want to do it! The scammers & players sometimes try, I let them know, up front. They have nothing I want or need or am even a teensy bit curious about. I have all that I want & need. TYVM.



As the design began to look like something recognizable, it was hella exciting. Her beautiful face reminds me of so many wonderful women I know or have known.





This is the point at which I had to stop. My car was repaired, packed for the trip to Ohio & Michigan, it was GO time! 
She is stitched on Cashel 28 Antique White linen. The designer is unknown to me, so, unless I find out, she's a lady of mystery. When finished, she will fit beautifully into an 8 X 10 frame or maybe the 11 X 11 frame I picked up at a thrift store in Ohio. 
Either way, I really like this design. Most likely, she will be complete by Christmas.
You see, I have this adorable puppy that I have wanted for so long. He is very curious, loves exploring, gets into everything, so, I have to watch him every second. Also, as with any puppy, I have to stay tuned to the cues he gives me that he needs to potty. He's been very good about it. He chose his spot for pee & a separate one for the other. LOL! I had started bell training him. A string of bells hung on the door. 
The little stink started ringing the bells when he wanted a change of scenery or just for fun to see me run to him, then, run to his crate, just to tease me. 
The bells found another home, the puppy is with me, for life!
I have a night time routine for him.
Dinner is at 6 pm.
After he finishes eating, we go for a short walk. When we get back, I put the soft puppy music on. My Dobies have all loved to suck on just about anything. PJ loves a pacifier that's made for Dobermans.
I sit on the floor (sit! Mom!), I put his blankie around him. Then I read to him until he is asleep. 
My boy snores really loud!
So precious.
I put him in his crate by 9 pm with a small hand full of dry kibble & his night-night toys. He has a large Lambchop stuffie that squeaks & a small one. He sleeps with "Little Choppie".  "Big Choppie" is for daytime.
Usually, at 2 am he wakes up because he has to go potty. Adapting to my puppy, I work online at home usually until 2 am. I take him out, then I hold him for a couple minutes until he falls asleep. Back in the crate, for the rest of the night until 7 am when he wakes up for breakfast, little snacks in between breakfast & dinner. Just a small handful of dry kibble, hand feeding him.

Time that used to be devoted to stitching is now for PJ.

Stitching, quiet down, needles, go to sleep, puppies grow up fast, their brief lives won't keep.

So, all of my stitching is on hold until PJ is a bit older. I'm loving every moment of his puppyhood. 
Not the diarrhea from teething. 
Just everything else. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...